Yes, we all know that women are more likely to suffer from acne than men. However, we can not exclude the fact that a considerable percentage of men are affected by this condition.
Acne conglobata is a type of acne condition is mostly seen in men and rarely women. This severe form of acne can affect the life of a man. It may be a cause of persistent stress. In addition, it can cause a man to lose his job and be profoundly embarrassing and can require years of treatment.
conglobata is a severe form of cystic acne that is characterized by
inflammatory nodules, which joined other nodules under the skin. It can cause deep scars and is often difficult to treat. They are containing cysts and returns even after the smelly pus pus.
It is usually in the chest, shoulders, back and face. Conglobata
acne can result after a sudden deterioration of the existing pustular
acne or may occur with dormant acne forming large cystic nodules.
The cause of acne in men goes back to the estate, and the activity of the sebaceous glands, mainly due to lifestyle and stress. Stress sends a signal androgen which is abundant in men, to increase production. With bacteria and follicles blocking due to the formation of dead cells of acne, it has become inevitable.
The treatment of these types of acnes is very difficult. Topical treatments do not work if it is vital to seek help from your dermatologist. Acne conglobata is primarily treated with oral antibiotics, which
reduces inflammation and orient the bacteria that are responsible for
Isotretinoin is the most potent drug for treating acne conglobata. It is a synthetic retinoid and is prescribed under the close supervision of a dermatologist.
It is an effective treatment because it works on the underlying causes of acne conglobata like:
* Decreased production of oil
* Detects the pores of dead cells
* Ignition controls
Side effects of drugs undergoing isotretinoin ensuring close supervision of a dermatologist includes:
* Rectal bleeding
* Increased cholesterol
* Severe headache and dizziness
* Bone and joint pain to name a few
That's why this drug is prescribed for severe cases of acne. The surgical approach is also considered to drain fluid and remove cysts and nodules of inflammation of acne.
For men who suffer from acne conglobata, special attention should be especially practiced shaving. To prevent new outbreaks:
* Make sure you use the razor is sharp and clean or better yet go to the electric razor to minimize cuts.
* Do not use alcohol or shaving cream face wash. This dry facial skin making it more prone to acne.
* Taking vitamin supplements that are rich in vitamins A, E, C, B6 and zinc. This will help boost your immune system to fight bacteria that infect acne.
* Remember the conglobata acne can be treated with the right kind of medication and constant consultation with your doctor.
By: Ace Smith